A Vertical Edge Case Study
A Global Leader in Health Services
and Medical Products
Migration from on-premise Oracle Hyperion Planning and HFM to Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service (PBCS)
Health Services Provider
Our client develops and markets clinically proven and cost-effective orthobiologic solutions for bone healing, bone graft and osteoarthritis that are backed by clinical data. Thousands of physicians worldwide view our client as an extension of their practices, trusting them with helping in their patients’ care program and alleviating some of their administrative burdens. Their adherence to high quality standards, its commitment to evidence-based medicine and its strong ethical behavior makes the company a trusted partner.
Our client engaged Vertical Edge for the following initiatives:
– Move their existing on-premise Hyperion Planning application to Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service (PBCS) with added functionality.
– Move functionality that exists in an older on-premise version of Oracle Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) to PBCS
– Decommission existing HFM environment
– Document and provide training and transfer knowledge to their administrators.
Though many detailed design sessions with our client, several measures of success were identified:
– Simplify and reduce processing times from source SAP systems to PBCS.
– Decrease the planning processing time for gathering information, entering data via input forms and calculating.
– Reduce cycle times for reporting through standardization and distribution of reporting packages.
– Lower cost of ownership by moving from on-premise EPM applications to cloud-based solution. To achieve these measures, Vertical Edge delivered one consolidated system, Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service (PBCS) with enhanced functionality. In addition to providing enhanced budgeting and planning, the new system streamlines data loads and currency conversions, reduces maintenance overhead, and improves reporting capabilities.
The Success Factors:
• Migration from on-premise Oracle Hyperion Planning to Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service (PBCS)
• Migration from on-premise Oracle Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) to PBCS
• Documented, provided training and transferred knowledge to the administration
Company Annual Revenue:
The Solution Products:
Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service (PBCS)