A Vertical Edge Case Study
Fortune 150 Oil and Gas Company
EPM Upgrade from 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124
Founded in 1919, our client is one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, the company helps its customers maximize value throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction and completion, and optimizing production throughout the life of the asset.
Upgrade EPM from 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52 to stay current on support across multiple vendors. Our goal was to complete the upgrade with minimal interruption to existing users and processes.
Our Vertical Edge Team upgraded the EPM suite of products to the latest version. This included 19 planning applications, 10 Essbase applications, 1 HFM application, FDMEE, DRM, ODI, HSF, and custom integrations. To successfully and adequately complete the upgrade, our team completed the following tasks:
• Re-imaged existing exalyticsservers to bring the OS and firmware up-to-date with the latest release
• Installed and configured roughly 35 servers as part of the large upgrade landscape
• FDM Classic was migrated to FDMEE and all scripting written in Jython(including HFM Java API integrations for lights out data loading, consolidations, and Extended Analytics driven integrations)
Additionally, enhancements were provided for both DRM and HSF. Specifically, DRM processes were enhanced and cleaned up by taking advantage of the DRM API with custom Python scripting. To conclude, training was provided to increase knowledge transfer and future maintenance capabilities.
The Success Factors:
• Successful migration of all applications and interfaces
• Minimal service interruptions of existing users
• Seamless cut over with no changing URL’s or report links
Company Annual Revenue:
The Solution Products:
• Essbase BSO & ASO
• HSF (Strategic Finance)