A Vertical Edge Case Study
Global Organization Fulfilling Grower Needs
in Specialty Segments
Essbase Sales Reporting
Health & Nutrition science
Our client operates in more than 60 countries worldwide and concentrates more than three-quarters of the entire operation to bringing new products to market.
They focus on helping customers cultivate business growth through the development, marketing and distribution of innovative, high-quality chemical solutions for today’s dynamic Agroscience and health and nutrition science marketplace.
The client needed our team to assist them in addressing the challenges arising from replacing an outdated process of Excel models and other various data warehouse systems with a Reporting and Budgeting system for sales data.
Many country-specific source systems provided inputs to their long-range plan which, due to disparate formats and local currencies, created challenges when collecting, transforming and analyzing data in a meaningful and timely fashion. Further, routine reporting exercises were taking several hours to complete.
Vertical Edge designed and implemented a single consolidated system that provided efficient data collection, currency conversion, and consistent reporting from several disparate transactional systems, including BAAN, SAP, Cognos and GDW. In this process, our team created a central location for the data in an Oracle Essbase application and coupled it with Oracle’s Financial Data Management (FDMEE). Consequently, the client now has data in a centralized location to make sound business decisions regarding Marketing and Sales.
The Success Factors:
• Reduction of manual data processing and storage
• Centralized source for actual data, budget data and long-range plan
• Ability to store and access multiple versions of the budget/forecast in one source
• Enhanced functionality for budget, long-range plan, and variance reporting and analysis
• Reduction in reporting and planning errors
• Improved budgeting and long-range plan processing times
• Improved audits and controls
• Improved capabilities for ad hoc reporting and detailed analysis
• Operates in more than 60 countries worldwide with over 3,000 employees
• Manages a portfolio of more than 200 active ingredients and 7,000 product registrations with a focus on high-growth countries and niche markets
The Solution Products:
• Oracle Essbase
• Oracle Financial Data Quality Management Enterprise Edition (FDMEE)
• Oracle SmartView Reporting