A Vertical Edge Case Study
Industry Leader in Optimizing IT Infrastructures
Ground-up Redesign of their entire EDW and BI Architecture
Information Technology Services
Our client is a recognized industry leader in optimizing IT infrastructures with comprehensive solutions in three key areas – Workplace, Network, and Data Center Services.
Their team helps to maximize the availability, efficiency and productivity of IT infrastructure, regardless of its maturity. With experienced professionals and strategic partnerships in place, they transform IT environments to a future state centered around a pleasing end user experience supported by advanced, cloud-based, on-demand technologies and services.
Business units within the company faced severe data challenges that were constrained by an outdated EDW architecture that was ineffective at providing key business leaders with timely and accurate information for decision making. A myriad of source systems and multiple reporting solutions created confusion and headache in determining which system to report out key metrics and KPIs across the company.
Examples of the data architecture challenges included:
– 30+ source systems, delivering data to multiple warehouses
– Significant customization of ERP software
– Multiple reporting engines, with significant overlap
This Information Technology Services company partnered with Vertical Edge Consulting Group to provide a ground-up redesign of their entire Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence architecture. Utilizing Oracle Database, Oracle BI Foundation Suite, Oracle Business Intelligence for Applications (OBIA) combined with industry leading visualization solutions, Vertical Edge created a solution that solves their critical data needs, consolidates their source system facts and dimensions while providing scalability and extensibility which allows for years of growth and innovation for the company.
The Success Factors:
– Reduced time to live data for consumption from one week to six hours across all source systems
– Increased use of OBIEE and OBIA footprint, allowing all Finance OPEX to be developed out of OBIA
– Consolidated multiple EDW environments on Oracle-based EDW, removing Tableau and Microsoft SQL Server/Power BI environments
– Future work with this company includes PBC, FCC and Essbase Cloud or Studio
Company Annual Revenue:
Nearly $1 Billion
The Solution Products: