A Vertical Edge Case Study
National Manufacturing Company
Specializing in Consumer-Packaged Goods
BI Cloud Implementation
Our client is a world-class leader in the development and production of high-quality color cosmetics, skin care, hair care, bath and body care and OTC products.
They are an outsourcing partner to major global brands and trend setting players across all distribution channels, from high-end to mass market.
Through discussion, it was determined that this company needed our team to develop an enterprise analytics and data integration solution that would provide dashboards, analytics, and operational metrics from their Oracle EBS, ERP and Shop Floor Production Systems.
They were facing a data issue within their production operations group which was delivering inaccurate and untimely data to key company executives. Their systems were constrained by a multitude of ERP data dumps and spreadsheets with multiple variations of the “truth” and lacked a true enterprise analytic system or data strategy to manage the operational and executive reporting requirements.
Vertical Edge was able to provide the manufacturing and production operation expertise necessary to understand the complex production process Oxygen Development utilizes, and create a full enterprise-level suite of Analytics. The KPIs, Dashboards and Metrics enabled key operations executives to achieve a tighter integration between Oracle EBS, strategic planning and operations performance measurement.
Our team did a complete implementation of Oracle BI Cloud including the integration between Oracle EBS and BI Cloud using Oracle Data Sync Services and custom dashboards, KPI and operational reporting. Additionally, Vertical Edge completed Phase 2 of this project which involved the implementation of multi-dimensional reporting to assist with strategic planning.
The Success Factors:
– Tighter integration between Oracle EBS, strategic planning, target setting, performance measurement
– Increased focus on critical performance metrics at corporate and business unit levels
– Automated standard KPI reporting across the company
– Improved staff productivity / collaboration / accountability by 25%
– Enablement of Enterprise Analytics tools to ensure enhanced efficiency and effectiveness, and support multi-dimensional analysis across all reporting areas that support production operations
– Data Visualization capabilities, enabling self-service BI supporting transactional/operational analytics
– Implementation of a data governance model to maintain data quality and solution integrity
Company Annual Revenue:
The Solution Products:
– Oracle EBS
– Oracle BI Cloud
– Oracle Data Visualizer
– Production Operations Analytics and Dashboards
– OLAP Cubes for Finance/Sales Reporting
– 25 BICS Users